At Selwyn House School, your son has the benefit of a boys-only education and the advantages of a small-school environment, with limited class sizes and attentive and caring teachers.
An all-boys school provides advantages for your son that he may not experience in a coeducational environment. Some of these benefits include:
- There are learning differences between boys and girls. Faculty members in a boys-only school are more aware of these differences and cater to your son’s learning style.
- Teachers can focus on teaching strategies that are known to be better for boys.
- The curriculum is developed for boys, their learning goals, and their interests.
- A number of recent studies indicate that single-gender activities raise academic achievement.
- At an all-boys school, boys have the opportunity to participate in all disciplines: art, music, drama, community service, science, mathematics, and languages.
- Selwyn House School’s compulsory physical education program provides opportunities for boys to participate in a variety of athletic activities while emphasizing and promoting good sportsmanship.
- Boys are allowed the space to grow and mature at their own pace. We help them to mature into independent, responsible, respectful, and confident young men.
- Female faculty members foster positive, respectful attitudes toward women.
- A lifelong camaraderie develops among the students.
- Boys do not have to fit into just one role. They are free to explore their aptitudes, talents, and interests all at the same time without being stereotyped.